Monday, August 3, 2009

Glock Grips and Transitioning from G17 to a G21

Had a significant emotional event in my neighborhood Saturday night, one that warranted calling the police to report some suspicious activity. Had the Glock 21, a double-stack .45, on my hip. I figured this was as good an excuse as any to take the 21 out to the range on Sunday instead of the Glock 17 9mm.

My shooting was printing consistently left of where I aimed, which according to this diagram is indicative of the trigger finger not being far enough on the trigger. I attribute this to the heavy range time I get with the slimmer grip of the G17. Though the grips are similar, I wonder if the muscle memory I have on the slimmer grip makes my not put my finger in to the trigger guard far enough on the G21.

Which brings me to the subject of the Glock 21 Slim Frame. Does anybody own both a 17/22 and a 21SF? How much difference is there between the two grips? Is it worth getting a 21SF to reduce the amount of difference between my 9mm grip and my .45 grip?

1 comment:

  1. There is a noticeable difference between the 21 and 21SF. This may help but it is hard to predict person by person. There is still a noticeable difference 21SF to 17/22 and you may have issues.

    ReplyDelete