Tuesday, September 7, 2010

SIRT Pistol for Training

Caleb has a post up on the SIRT pistol, a dedicated dry-fire handgun that shoots a laser out the barrel whenever the gun is "fired."

While this seems like a good way to train, I'd be afraid that it would make me look for the laser and not call my shots - see the sights, take the shot, and move on knowing that I'd hit the target.

I dry-fire with a trigger kit from Southwest Shooting Authority. The kit replaces the trigger for your Glock, and automatically resets. Print out some 1/3 scale targets (available here), post them on your basement/garage wall, and dry-fire away.

1 comment:

  1. Use the laser pistol to practice retention shooting and hip shooting. When you do those you don't look at the sights... in fact the sights are way way below the eye level.

    ReplyDelete