Monday, July 13, 2009

Don't Try This At Home. Please.

Brillianter has a video up of someone using a Glock 18 (the full-auto machine pistol) with a foregrip on it. He loses control and shoots himself in the hand.

I'm pretty sure the foregrip makes it an AOW (Any Other Weapon) and requires ATF paperwork. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in the comments.


  1. I think that would be true (AOW) if it were just a pistol, but there's nothing about putting a foregrip on a machine gun that changes its classification, as I understand it.

  2. Yup.

    The "group therapy switch" trumps the VFG. Machine guns can have as many pistolgrips or butt stocks as you want.

    Legal Minutiae: If the switch is the registered part, you can have a VFG or buttstock on it as long as the go-faster button is installed, but you must remove them before re-installing the factory slide cover plate. If, however, the frame is registered as a buzzgun, it doesn't matter if the switch is actually on it at the time; it can be set up as a regular SBR or AOW...